Spring 2015 Fees:
$8,450 before 8/15 early deposit deadline
$8,700 before 9/15 early deposit deadline
$8,950 by 11/15 final payment deadline
Fall 2015 Fees:
$8,500 before 1/15 early deposit deadline
$8,750 before 3/15 early deposit deadline
$9,000 by 6/15 final payment deadline
Most students eligible to use federal financial aid
Scholarships available for high GPA students and affiliated universities
* The deposit is $1000 towards the program fees (non-refundable). It is then deducted from the remainder of the program fees (all applicable discounts will appear on final invoice). There is an additional refundable damage deposit of $250, and a mandatory insurance of $200 that are not included in program fees.
** The program fee due date will be deferred for the amount of financial aid to be received. Any remaining balance not covered by aid is due by the deadline noted above.
CONFIRMATION DEPOSIT DEADLINE INFORMATION:
SPRING Final Deadline for Confirmation Deposit: October 30
FALL Final Deadline for Confirmation Deposit: June 15
APPLICATION DEADLINE INFORMATION:
SPRING Final application deadline: October 15
FALL Final application deadline: June 1
What is included in program fees?
- Up to 15 credits of tuition at the University of Nicosia
- All program, lab, and field fees
- Full use of University of Nicosia labs and facilities
- Double occupancy housing (2 students/bedroom), typically in 2BR apartments in residential areas of Nicosia
- On-site orientation and emergency support from local staff
- Six to eight days of exciting day and overnight excursions in Cyprus and multiple cultural activities and experiences
- All ground transportation for host country excursions
- Double-occupancy accommodation in tourist-class hotels including breakfast during any overnight group travel.
- All admission fees to museums and cultural institutions visited with the group
- All guide fees for group trips and excursions
- Airport welcome and transfer from Larnaca airport to Nicosia. All airport transfers when traveling with the group
- Insurance for overseas medical expenses, medical evacuation and repatriation
- Use of a GSM cell phone handset
- US-based support for credit transfer, financial aid and alumni services
What is not included in program fees?
- Airfare from the US to Cyprus
- Foreign Visas
- Student meals, except as noted above
- Personal expenses and travel
- Cost of cellphone calls
Airfare to Cyprus:
Airfare from the United States (New York) to Cyprus can range between $850 and $1,300, depending on the season and how far in advance the ticket was purchased. Connecting flights from other cities in the United States can add between $0 and $400 to this cost. We encourage students to finalize travel arrangements as early as possible to avoid high airfares.
GLS will arrange one or more bus pickups on the arrival date(s) at designated times. Students who arrive to Larnaca before the bus pickup time(s) can choose to wait for the bus to take them to Nicosia free of charge. All enrolled students will receive the bus pickup information a few months prior to the start of the study abroad program.
If students do not make the bus pickup, there are alternative means of transport from Larnaca to Nicosia (not free of charge), such as taxis or an airport shuttle. Larnaca airport is located about one hour by car from the program base in Nicosia.