- Multi-Country Study Abroad Programs
- Study Abroad Programs By Country
- Study Abroad Programs By Term
Study Abroad Programs by Major
- Animal Science
- Chinese Language
- Food and Wine Studies
- French Language
- French Studies
- General Arts & Sciences
- Greek Language
- Health Sciences
- Interior Design
- International Business
- International Relations
- Italian Language
- Latin American
- Oriental Studies
- Physical Therapy
- Religious Studies
- Spanish Language
- World Cultures
- Digital Currency & Blockchain Technology
- About us
- Faculty & Advisors
- Download Guide
- Get Started
Summer 2018 Fees:
$3,750 before 1/15 early deposit deadline
$4,000 by 3/15 final payment deadline
Most students eligible to use federal financial aid
* The deposit is $250 towards the program fees (non-refundable). It is then deducted from the remainder of the program fees (all applicable discounts will appear on final invoice). There is an additional refundable damage deposit of $250 that is not included in program fees.
** The program fee due date will be deferred for the amount of financial aid to be received. Any remaining balance not covered by aid is due by the deadline noted above.
To download a detailed Program Fees Breakdown and a Sample Budget please click on the link below:
What is included in program fees?
- Up to 4 credits of tuition at East China Normal University
- Full use of labs and facilities
- Double occupancy housing (2 students/bedroom), typically in apartments or student dorms
- On-site orientation and emergency support
- All ground transportation for host country excursions
- Double-occupancy accommodation (with breakfast included) in tourist-class hotels during any overnight group travel.* In special situations, we might stay in a non-traditional, "cultural" location for a short period of time.
- All admission fees to museums and cultural institutions visited with the group
- All guide fees for group trips and excursions
- Airport pickup and transfer to downtown Shanghai (if you arrive/depart with the group)and all airport transfers when traveling with the group
- Medical insurance for overseas medical expense (up to $200,000 in expenses), accidental death or medical evacuation / repatriation
- Use of a local cell phone
What is not included in program fees?
- Airfare from the US to Shanghai
- Foreign Visas
- Student meals
- Personal expenses and travel
- Cost of cellphone calls
Airfare to Shanghai
Airfare from the United States to Shanghai can range between $800 and $1700 depending on the season, starting point, and how far in advance the ticket was purchased. Shanghai is a very well-served destination in terms of airline flights from the United States and students who book their ticket early should be able to find a relatively large set of options.
Students should arrive on the designated program start date. They will be met at the airport by one of our representatives, and will have complimentary transfer from the airport to central Shanghai.