About Global Semesters
We design and operate innovative university-level study abroad programs, primarily for students from the United States and Canada.
In the 2015-2016 academic year, we will operate over 70 study abroad programs, hosted at seventeen universities:
- University of Nicosia
- University of Paris IV (Sorbonne)
- Catholic University of Paris
- American Business School Paris
- Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona
- University of Belgrano (Buenos Aires)
- Florence University of the Arts
- Santa Reparata International School of Art (Florence)
- the School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS)
- London South Bank University (LSBU)
- University of Westminster (London)
- University of Buenos Aires
- Beijing Normal University
- University of International Business and Economics (Beijing)
- Peking University ,Fudan University
- East China Normal University.
We are best known for our thematic regional and global study programs and have the ability to operate sophisticated co-curricular itineraries. In 2015-2016 our students will cumulatively visit over 70 cities in over 20 countries, from Buenos Aires to Beijing.
Our background is in academia
Global Semesters was spun out of the University of Nicosia (formerly Intercollege), the leading university in Cyprus, to focus exclusively on designing study abroad programs. Our senior management team has over 100 years of cumulative experience in higher education, study abroad, risk management and international business.
We have served on the standard setting bodies in study abroad, helping design the principles of best practices that will guide the leading study abroad firms over the next decade.
We care about increased access to and diversity in study abroad and work closely with our affiliates and partners in the study abroad offices of home universities in the United States to support these objectives.