Summer in Barcelona: Spanish Language & Culture
Dates, Costs and Deadlines
Our programs are famously comprehensive and are an excellent value. Though many of our programs incorporate some of the most extensive travel and excursions of any study abroad programs, our fees are often similar to or lower than the fees of programs that just provide tuition and housing.
Summer 2014 Fees
|Application due||March 15|
|Application submitted by January 15||$250 discount*|
|Program fees due||March 20**|
|Program fees (incl. mandatory insurance, without discounts)||$5,450|
* The deposit is $250 towards the program fees (non-refundable). It is then deducted from the remainder of the program fees (all applicable discounts will appear on final invoice). There is an additional refundable damage deposit
of $250 that is not included in program fees.
** The program fee due date will be deferred for the amount of financial aid to be received. Any remaining balance not covered by aid is due by the deadline noted above.
To download a detailed Program Fees Breakdown and a Sample Budget please click on the link below:
Program DatesSummer 2014 Dates
The program will begin on May 29th, 2014
and end on July 18th, 2014
You will receive your confirmed start and end dates upon admission to the program.
What is included in program fees?
- Up to 6 credits of tuition at the Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona
- Full use of AUB's labs and facilities
- Double occupancy housing (2 students/bedroom), typically in apartments
- On-site orientation and emergency support
- All ground transportation for host country excursions
- Double-occupancy accommodation (with breakfast included) in tourist-class hotels during any overnight group travel.* In special situations, we might stay in a non-traditional, "cultural" location for a short period of time (e.g. monastery, farmhouse). We never stay in student hostels.
- All admission fees to museums and cultural institutions visited with the group
- All guide fees for group trips and excursions
- Airport pickup and transfer from Barcelona to student apartments (if you arrive/depart with the group).
- Medical insurance for overseas medical expense (up to $200,000 in expenses), accidental death or medical evacuation / repatriation
- Use of a GSM cell phone handset
What is not included in program fees?
- Airfare from the US to Barcelona
- Foreign Visas
- Student meals
- Personal expenses and travel
- Cost of cellphone calls